Dear Clients and Community,
The following updates are available regarding Cigna members. Cigna will cover the diagnostic test with no cost-sharing when recommended by a health care professional. Effective immediately, Cigna will waive customers' out-of-pocket costs for COVID-19 testing-related visits with in-network providers, whether at a doctor's office, urgent care clinic, emergency room or via telehealth, through May 31, 2020. This enhanced insurance coverage includes customers in the United States who are covered under Cigna employer/union sponsored group insurance plans, globally mobile plans, Medicare Advantage, Medicaid and the Individual and Family plans. Employers and other entities that sponsor self-insured plans administered by Cigna will be given the opportunity to adopt a similar coverage policy.
Cigna is also making it easier for customers with immunosuppression, chronic conditions or who are experiencing transportation challenges to be treated virtually by in-network physicians with those capabilities. Cigna is implementing this enhanced measure through May 31, 2020 to protect its most vulnerable customers by mitigating exposure risks and alleviating transportation barriers.
Behavioral telehealth sessions are available to patients with Cigna coverage and are administered in accordance with their behavioral health benefits. Prior to receiving services, you should verify behavioral health benefits and eligibility for all plan types, including services administered by a third- party administrator, by calling the number on the back of the your ID card. An “S” identifier on the bottom left of the card can help you identify which patients have services administered by a third- party administrator.
In sum Cigna will:
- Through May 31, 2020, we will waive customers’ out-of-pocket costs for COVID-19 testing-related visits with in-network providers, whether at a doctor’s office, urgent care clinic, emergency room, or by virtual care options such as talking with a doctor or clinician 24/7 by phone, tablet, or computer
- Through May 31, 2020, we will make it easier for customers with immunosuppression, chronic conditions or who are experiencing transportation challenges to be treated virtually by in-network physicians with those capabilities.
- Ensure delivery of your medications – there is no need to order refills earlier than usual, or to stock up
- Be available at any time to answer your calls, provide support, and assist your providers
- If you have general questions about your benefits and coverage, call 1 (855) 287-8400