Dear Clients and Community,
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak Aetna has released the following guidelines for clients regarding treatment and payment for care:
- If you request testing related to COVID-19, we’ll waive your Aetna patient’s cost sharing.
- Aetna Commercial patients pay $0 for covered telemedicine visits until June 4, 2020.
- Until further notice, Aetna is also expanding coverage of telemedicine visits to its Aetna Medicare members, so they can receive the care they need from you without leaving their homes. With this change and new flexibilities announced by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to help combat the virus, Aetna Medicare members can now see their providers virtually via telephone or video.
- Aetna is offering its Medicare Advantage brief virtual check-in and remote evaluation benefits to all Aetna Commercial members and waiving the co-pay.
- Care packages will be sent to Aetna patients diagnosed with COVID-19. Through Aetna’s Healing Better program, Aetna Commercial and Medicare Advantage members will receive CVS items to help relieve symptoms as well as personal and household cleaning supplies to help keep others in the home protected from potential exposure. Call the number on your Aetna patient’s ID card to register a recently diagnosed patient.
- Patients won’t have to pay a fee for home delivery of prescription medications from CVS Pharmacy®.
- We’re waiving early refill limits on 30-day prescription maintenance medications for all Commercial members with pharmacy benefits administered through CVS Caremark.
- Aetna Medicare members may request early refills on 90-day prescription maintenance medications at retail or mail pharmacies if needed. For drugs on a specialty tier, we’re waiving early refill limits for a 30-day supply.
Aetna will proactively reach out to patients who are most at-risk for COVID-19. Please contact Aetna for further inquiry. Stay updated about business operation changes and notifications about insurance plan updates at CFMW HERE.